Elite Owls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.

Go down 
+8
silentstill
Code
Phoenix
Nina
Sabanrai
Jan/Kerwin
鬼神 / Kaz
Karraway
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Karraway
Officer
Officer
Karraway

Male Posts : 11

Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Just wanted to start some chatter about various gb strategies and ways we can improve. Heres one concept thats out there that i think would work well.

Many of the stronger guilds use a gate to gate tactic to overcome other strong guilds, Esp in Alpha. Ill credit this to Code as we just had this discussion but heres the basics:

GM or officers call out the tower to begin with. May be strongest, weakest, or inbetween based on how much inactive strength the guild has. First the mages go in with Poly on actives, Rogues do the same with poison. Active Clerics first. Then rogues warriors and the rest begin attack. ALL clerics to Zero. Actives first of course but this includes inactive as well. Nothing worse then cleaning 5 active clerics just to find out the inactive we left behind wakes up and they rez the whole tower. Then we waste tokens on clean up. After the Clerics, focus active active mages followed by active rogues and warriors. Once the gate in no longer a revive threat, we can move on to the next most important tower.

We have enough brute strength in the guild at any given time to take out an entire gate pretty quick if everyone is on the same page. Most important thing is to follow guild chat and go in the direction that the rest of the guild is going.

Godz of War gave us a rude awakening recently because they were organized, where as we spread ourselves out. The same battle with more organization could have easily gone in our favor.

This is just a working opinion, feel free to post any objections, improvements, or general commentary.
Back to top Go down
鬼神 / Kaz
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout
鬼神 / Kaz

Male Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Karra all I have to say to ur avatar is "Mini-me!! Stop humping the laser!!" Lol J/k I agree since I notice way too many inactive players who r stunned or weak at the beginning of gbattle. This shouldn't be the case since there r a lot of active players when it starts. I also noticed that Godz took out our active clerics 1st to prevent rez and then came back for our active rogues/mages/warriors. My primary is a rogue and it was still healthy at the mid way pt. I think we should concentrate our atks on active/inactive clerics 1st and then the other classes. It may also help to reorganize the gate orders like we talked about before in gchat. bounce
Back to top Go down
Jan/Kerwin
Officer
Officer
Jan/Kerwin

Male Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm

I think we have a good battle system in terms of defense and utalizing cleric abilitys.... But our offensive battle system seems to be lacking we need to have more of a Mage rouge offense.

When we are fully outgunned I recommend we have designated groups and stunned members suicide given targets(not clerics) win or lose if about lets say 10 members focus attacks on 1 member at a time that person can be taken out in secounds .

We need to have a feel for every ones stats an class and give every member a purpose an assignment instead of free handed battle
I am willing to work to collect data and set up an offense plan if any one else is willing to work with me it would be much appreciated.

every member of EO please pm me on here with your level, stats, class, hours of play (in eastern time ), and class abilitys please ASAP.
Reply is a must! Please every one give your thoughts and suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sabanrai
Officer
Officer
Sabanrai

Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: But what about Rogues?   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:51 am

I agree about taking out clerics first. That is common sense. However, Rogues do far more damage than Mages (even with Mage splash) per hit. I think Rogues are more of a threat than Mages are and should be second to be destroyed.

We had a member named "Grim Reaper" that had some amazing ideas for battle strategies that he relayed to Will. I still chat with Grim and he is planning on applying for EO again when he hits lvl 150. Should only be a day or two. Would like to hear what he has to say.
Back to top Go down
Jan/Kerwin
Officer
Officer
Jan/Kerwin

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 am

Sabanrai wrote:
I agree about taking out clerics first. That is common sense. However, Rogues do far more damage than Mages (even with Mage splash) per hit. I think Rogues are more of a threat than Mages are and should be second to be destroyed.

We had a member named "Grim Reaper" that had some amazing ideas for battle strategies that he relayed to Will. I still chat with Grim and he is planning on applying for EO again when he hits lvl 150. Should only be a day or two. Would like to hear what he has to say.

We are collecting the data now to set up an offense system it may alternate depending on the guild we are facing but should remain very general read the annoucment i made in annoucment section and PM me.
Back to top Go down
鬼神 / Kaz
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout
鬼神 / Kaz

Male Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:53 pm

I believe taking out rogues before mages may be different for YO + EO. There seems to be way to many mages that utilize Confuse/Poly on our guild members during gbattle (especially with Gulha & Unholy). Confuse may also prevent us from properly rezing our gates when the cleric's HP is below 50. 1 confuse hit and ur done. It also depends on our overall stats since a lvl 130 rogue isn't going to do much damage to our players. With any luck, they would be able to possibly take out one of our inactive low lvl players but will keep bouncing on our main actives. On the otherhand, a lvl 300 with Deshara equipped would do massive damage to our rez clerics and may take priority over mages.
Back to top Go down
Jan/Kerwin
Officer
Officer
Jan/Kerwin

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

as i said system may alternate a little depending and which guild we are facing but the general format should be able to counter both
Back to top Go down
Nina
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout

Female Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:32 pm

I think the gate to gate strategy is a very good idea, and most larger guilds do that. What about attacking larger clerics in a gate (yes even the super tough ones) immediately? Bounce or not it won't matter if no one else is down yet.

Nina~

Could not use Nina to sign in since the forum thinks its taken already :/
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Nina wrote:

Could not use Nina to sign in since the forum thinks its taken already :/

Fixed. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://eliteowls.rpg-board.net
Code
Guild Master
Guild Master
Code

Male Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 am

Well Nina that would work assuming no one attacked yet and we can get people to co-ordinate these attacks. Also we need to see who are suiciders (preferably those who can't win or use skills on enemies aka most likely rogues). But yes, high level clerics that cannot be poly'd should be killed first depending on their HP. If their HP is to high then it would be a waste :/
Back to top Go down
http://smallwrites.blogspot.ca/
silentstill
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: silent and his salamander throw in their 2 bits   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm

hey gang, some great strategies. I think it is gonna vary depending on which guild we face.

We definately have a strong defensive team with our gate revival strat, but i do agree our offensive needs a bit of tweaking.

we need more ppl to check chat before attacking, and we also need more ppl posting to chat if they bounce so we can call for a clean up quickly.

I have noticed one thing that sometimes we follow but sometimes we just blow tokens on...
this goes back to gate focusing. if its mid battle and you see a gate with 6 active clerics and they all still have 75%+ hp still, dont waste your tokens. they can heal their gate easily. a gate like that needs full focus to take down at the same time. if 1 person drops 3 tokens, then another drops 2 tokens, whoop D doo, you may have killed 1 cleric.

unless we have that focus, leave that gate alone totally, if they have all 25 alive, that means they cant gate rez bc they are all alive, and we wont have to worry about any surprises. easier to focus on the other 3 gates that we have alrdy done a lot of damage too.

once the admins have all the stats with who can battle at what time, we should be pairing up with a partner mage/rogue combo.

myself as a cleric, i tend to join battles 10 minutes late on purpose. i troll to see whats going on, but being in NG, if i attack, im going to be dead in less than a minute, so i wait a few minutes so there are a few less tokens to focus on me, which gives me a chance to heal you, as well as the mages have casted their spells, then i whip out the cleanses.

*looks to his salamander to see if he has anything to add*

doesnt look like it. thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
Jan/Kerwin
Officer
Officer
Jan/Kerwin

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:03 pm

yes silent there will be pairs some people will also be recommend to switch to mage because we are lacking in that area and its partial reason our offense suffers
Back to top Go down
ERIC
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout
ERIC

Male Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

This is an idea, I wonder if it works.

When you knew that there are certain battles which you will NOT be participating, why not switch to as a cleric.

1. This serve as a decoy(to diverse enemies attack) for the active clerics and also for those enemies who are low lvl and are suicidal.
2. There bound to be bounces made by the enemies, if they see the entire guide are mostly clerics.
3. it is much difficult for enemies to focus attack on the active clerics and the active clerics will have higher survival rate, as what they see is a huge chunk of clerics per gate.

Back to top Go down
Will
Officer
Officer
Will

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 am

I like this discussion. There are some excellent strategies here. I am most in favour of the gate by gate approach. The problem, that I think is not maybe appreciated by some of our FB players, with more complicated strategies is that switching from chat to battle and back takes considerable time on a mobile device. It is not that you can't do it or even that doing it is difficult but it takes time - especially with crappy wifi etc. So when we talk about coordinating against the stronger guilds (almost all heavily FB based) then we are at a natural disadvantage. However, that should not deter us but I think we should play to our strengths such as the defensive strategy that is working so well. Gate by gate is easy to implement and, as long as the majority of people are checking chat, should work well. When we start talking about working in teams I am concerned that when battle time comes round (against the stronger guilds) we will spend more time trying to coordinate than actually battling!

The principle of all these ideas are great but keep it as simple and preplannable as possible otherwise we will not get people on board. When I am in battles (I know this has been few and far between of late) it can often take me 5 or 6 attempts to connect to make an attack. This is frustrating, but worse still I then have to refresh the app to see if anything else has happened in the meantime... poly etc doesn't show up so I don't know if I am or anyone else is suffering from an effect and often waste tokens in this manner. Sometimes I think I have spent one token and it transpires I cast polymorph on the same target three times due to lag. I just want that out there in public knowledge that this is what it is like for me (and probably others) playing on iPhone accounts.

afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.sheffieldPrivateTutors.co.uk
cheesified
Rank 1 - Scout
Rank 1 - Scout

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 am

uhm.

regards about guild chat on iOS, not sure if any of you guys know but you can instantly enter the guild chat (if u have set is as the main chat screen) by swiping upwards from the bottom of the screen?
Back to top Go down
Ax
Guild Master
Guild Master
Ax

Male Posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

Cheese - Thanks and we know that Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.   Alpha Guild Battle Strategies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha Guild Battle Strategies.
Page 1 of 1